Startup businesses need a fast and effective solution to create a high-end application that offers a fresh perspective on solving an existing problem of the target market. Startups also need to ensure they can go the route of digital transformation as soon as possible.
Custom software development is completely out of the question here, as it can take months to even create a basic application through traditional methods.
The obvious choice here is low-code software development. Many low-code and no-code platforms can create applications with enterprise features, powerful tools, and next-to-zero coding skills.
So today, we’ll look at the 15 best low-code tools for startups that can turn your business idea into a full-fledged application without the hassle of traditional coding. But before that, we need to clear up what the term “low-code platform” really defines.
Definition of A Low Code Platform
Simply put, a low-code platform is where you develop an application with minimal or no coding. The platform is based on a graphical user interface that can help you create a custom application with minimal complexity and ready-to-use resources.
The primary concept is very simple. However, these platforms allow customization of predefined templates by creating custom code for different functions or features. They also streamline the development process with workflow automation.
A professional software developer can create highly complex applications with powerful features with the help of low-code platforms since it already provides the basic structure.
Why You Need To Use Low Code For Startups
1. Higher Flexibility
Modern solutions in the industry require higher efficiency in terms of development, advertisement, etc., by taking away the complexities. This is done by producing different sources individually and creating promotional campaigns based on them.
Low code also allows future extensibility of every feature that can help the developers customize the app in any way that achieves product market fit.
2. Cost Reduction
Software development is expensive, and most of the costs come from recruiting professional developers to create software in traditional development methods. Low code removes the need for expertise, saving tons of resources for hiring and retaining professionals.
With low code, citizen developers can create an application that serves its purpose, and professionals only need to provide feedback.
3. Better Efficiency
The programming team has more than enough breathing room when working with low code since each feature, or the entire application, can be created much faster.
This allows the developers to take a more calculated approach to the development cycle, making the process more efficient.
4. High Modification & Scalability
With custom coding, modifying any application feature is very tough since it requires digging through hundreds of lines of code. With visual data modeling of low-code platforms, developers can easily determine where the change needs to be made, and even then, the change can be implemented rather quickly.
5. Faster Development Time
Capturing the market as fast as possible is a prime concern of all businesses developing an application. Low-code development streamlines and optimizes the development life cycle by removing most complexities and automating repetitive processes.
All this additional help from the platform itself helps the developers reduce development time and time-to-market.
Top 15 Best Low Code Tools For Startups
Mendix is the best low-code application development platform out there. The platform can enable you to create an application for any platform compatible with all devices. The applications also come with cloud compatibility from the get-go, so all you need to do to deploy your app on a private or a public cloud is to press a single button.
Mendix framework is best for creating applications with offline capabilities that are easy to implement and suits everyone
- Enables practicing agile methodology
- Intuitive tools for enabling improved user experience
- Model-driven development approach with visual builders
- Reusable components
- Allows inclusion of custom codes
- Can create apps for both iOS and Android
- Multiple developers can work without causing friction
- Scalable on cloud
- Enables one-click deployment
- OOTB backup and recovery features
- Seamless integration with third-party applications
Back4App is a business user-friendly mobile app development platform. Back4App helps you create applications without worrying about resources. Back4app acts as a “backend as a service” system, allowing unique customizations and personalization for each of your applications. The distinguishing features of this app make it a personal favourite for many in the developer community.
- Automatic scalability
- Parse server-based program deployment
- Completely controllable
- Backend tools for efficiency
- It makes the API service’s REST port access much easier
- Helps examine the reaction of newly added resources
- Allows to create GraphQL APIs
- Spreadsheet-like storage option
- Live queries tool for querying, synchronizing, and saving app data in real-time
Bubble.io can also be considered a no-code tool since it can help create apps even when a user has absolutely zero knowledge about coding.
The goal of Bubble.io is to help anyone create and manage applications without understanding the intricacies of conventional application creation and management.
- Various extensions for each existing feature
- Each module of the app has customer reviews to help in making a choice
- Completely user friendly
- Visual app builder elements
- No coding experience required
- Allows third-party tools integration
ReTool is a great tool for creating solutions for your startup business’s specific purposes. Of course, startups require specific and highly tailored solutions, such as
- Admin Interfaces
- Specialized Applications
- Various Different Internal Solutions
ReTool can deploy these custom functions much easier without starting from scratch.
- Allows to integrate of forms and statistics
- Customizable elements
- Custom logic creation
- Drag and drop elements
- Integration with any data provider
- Putting together a portal can be done in a few clicks
Airtable may look like a spreadsheet app, but trust us when we say it’s far more advanced than Google Sheets. Airtable lets you create a spreadsheet-based database without learning or implementing any programming language. Airtable is also a great choice for structuring data tables versatilely.
- Allows groups of people to manage work independently
- 50+built in programs
- Predefined themes
- Community support
- Large collection of project designs
Firebase allows you to create high-quality, low-code applications while maintaining your customer base. Firebase is Google’s integrated framework, and it can combine key elements in case you’re creating a mobile application. The framework is best for combining development and monetization capabilities in one place.
- Simple API bound together in a unified SDK
- The final product is always high-quality
- Comes with prebuilt sophisticated infrastructures
- Mobile-optimized analysis tool
- Helps integrate mobile app functions like statistics
Appery is a framework that can help you develop, integrate and deploy hybrid mobile applications. Appery enables business mobilization by integrating business-grade integration software with a browser-based fast-creation framework.
Appery can deliver apps that can help increase efficiency and drive sales across all departments.
- Cloud-based solution
- It doesn’t require any special software/hardware setup
- Apps are compatible with both PC and mobile platforms
- Easier to create bespoke app UI
- Drag and drop features
- Can build PWAs
- The apps run without any issues
- Easy backend service integration
Caspio is an all-in-one platform that helps you create applications to fulfil highly specific requirements. The platform offers a highly scalable cloud environment that removes expenses and complexity regarding programming, hosting, maintenance, and requirements for technical skills.
- Point-and-click capabilities
- Database triggers for process automation
- Unlimited users
- Data encryption
- SSO integration
- Authentication features
- Utilizes Microsoft SQL Server
- Built on Amazon Web Services
Creatio is a full-featured low-code promotional, marketing, and service systems platform. The low-code system of Creatio is specialized for system integration and CRM. The platform is an all-in-one for data and process synchronization with business employees.
- Promotes modern transition
- Creates user-friendly applications
- Specialized platform for CRM
- Low-code interface
- Drag-and-drop interface for development
- Prebuilt products
- Prebuilt themes
- Faster business application development
AppGyver is a high-end low-code platform with many useful features that engineers can utilize to produce high-quality applications without compromising quality or functionality.
- Comprehensive animation system
- Customized font compatibility
- Debugging solutions
- Workflow deployment
- Highly flexible layout
- React-native extensions
- Simple API integration process
- 500+ pre-existing structural components
- Integrated theme engine
- Seamless application operation across multiple channels
AppSheet is Google’s low-code platform that allows you to easily create mobile apps. The platform is very easy to use; you can even get started with Google Sheets and Excel for free. Developers can utilize the platform to create multi-platform apps.
- Create & deploy apps in real time
- Enables feature integration like GPS, image & signature capture
- Helps create Charts applications
- Offline access and branding features
- Improved data collection methods, even in offline mode
- Data management with security compliance
- Customizable dashboards
- Automated notification procedures
- Data analysis and monitoring in real-time
Webcon is a digital process automation Low-Code Application Platform (LCAP). Webcon lets you create process-centric apps for different business purposes. You can also digitize and automate various business processes with this platform and optimize workflow throughout the organization.
- Allows deployment of unlimited apps and features
- Process automation
- Digital workspace access for individuals
- Alteration of process logic and design on demand
- Backend syncs to frontend changes automatically
- All-in-one solution for development, examination, and evaluation
- Webcon apps can also be used on SharePoint sites
12. Process Director
Process Director is another business automation platform that allows citizen developers and IT teams to easily create business applications. Process Director can adapt to any unique procedures of a company.
Process Director is a great help for organizations with their data analytics and business operation capabilities, and their adaptability is highly recommended.
- Data Analytics
- High adaptability
- Established system features
- Best for regulated businesses
- 20x quicker than bespoke coding
- Reduces backlogs
- Industry-specific template
- Training sessions
- Prebuilt connectors
- Reduced technical debt
- Rapid adaptability
13. Salesforce Lightning
Salesforce Lightning lets you create secure mobile applications in any programming language. The platform also has IoT and AI connectivity and Salesforce third-party data integration.
Salesforce Lightning offers a set of tools for both professional and citizen developers to create business applications. The features that the platform provides can significantly speed up the development process.
- Allows easier selling
- Customizable services
- Increases productivity
- Saves up to 10 hours of work/employee each week
- Highly reliable data output
- Improves user engagement through appealing UI
- Offers no-code builders as well as low-code
- It lets you combine analytics with AI
PMG is a low-code development platform that specializes in process automation. PMG is one of the best low-code platforms available that is also completely free. The platform allows you to easily create APIs, and you can customize reports without any prior experience or knowledge about SQL database queries.
- Helps connect different departments through automation
- Simple homepage creation for different business apps and services
- Real-time data processing and integration
- Built-in reporting tools
- No-code connections
- Prebuilt connectors
- Reliable business intelligence collection
- Summary analytics pages
- Job management displays
Quickbase is a platform that integrates into your existing business processes and helps you create applications that are result driven and possess high-quality features and functionalities.
Quickbase is a great platform for linking ideas and information through different departments. The apps created in Quickbase are also very secure and long-lasting, even when developed quickly.
- High-quality application delivery
- Apps are security compliant
- Test environment
- Data input and feature integration in real time
- Robust security
- Regulatory compliance
- Individualized visibility
To Wrap It Up
And there you have it! 15 awesome low-code tool platforms that can help you jumpstart your startup business with rapid application development with robust app capabilities
However, if you are not confident about your application-creating prowess, feel free to partner up with Impala Intech to create a perfect low-code application for your business needs.
Yes, most low-code platforms offer integration capabilities, allowing seamless connection with various third-party services.
While technical expertise is beneficial, most low-code platforms aim to be user-friendly, requiring minimal coding knowledge.
In many cases, the complexity and compatibility of migration depend on the specific application.
Low-code platforms often manage updates and maintenance, reducing the burden on startups’ internal teams.
While some low-code tools may have limitations, many offer customization options to meet specific business needs.
Many low-code platforms have active user communities and support resources to assist startups.